Friday, August 9, 2013
Fear Fridays ~ Is That A Drill In Your Hand Or Are You Just Happy To See Me???
The birthday fun continues here at the Lounge. All this month Fear Friday will have a birthday theme to celebrate this Vixen's birthday. Tonight's film is classic 80's horror. And while no one is actually having a birthday in it, if you were like me you either had or went to a few slumber parties in your younger days. The biggest and best ones where always for a birthday. So I think this "gem" fits right in with the theme. Enjoy this little 80's flashback!
***Winners of the Happy Birthday To Me Mystery Giveaway***
The winners are...
Each of the lucky winners will receive a goodie bag filled with surprise items from Laughing Vixen Lounge custom made just for them! I'll post photos of the items before they ship.
Every Friday at the Laughing Vixen Lounge Blog is Fear Friday. Fear Fridays are a celebration of all films spooky. Horror is a very broad genre and the Lounge loves it all. Each Friday you will find a review of a different film. These can range from Classic Horror (black and white and cheesy), Thrillers (suspense, jumps and a good mystery), outright Horror (chop chop, slash slash, die die) and anything else in between.
So pop some popcorn, kill the lights and enjoy tonight's selection. And please, share your comments on the film. Bad or good let me know what you thought of it. And now, my little ghouls and dolls, the Laughing Vixen Lounge Blog is proud to present this week's film.
Fear Friday - The Slumber Party Massacre
Tagline - Close your eyes for a second... and sleep forever
The Ultimate Driller Killer Thriller
Directed by Amy Holden Jones (Maid to Order and Rich Man's Wife) and released on November 12, 1982 (Rated R). A group of high school girls have a slumber party when one of the girl's parents go out of town. Unfortunately for them it's the same day an escaped murderer is on the loose in their neighborhood. Hmmmm... I wonder what's going to happen?
This movie is exactly what you'd expect from it. Lots of half naked young women being chased by a loony tune with a power drill. A really big power drill! If you like 80's styled slasher films this one will not disappoint. It's silly, cheesy and a fun watch.
Take a look at the original trailer (spoilers and lots of boobies!)...
Some trivia about the movie...
1. Rita Mae Brown wrote a screenplay for a parody of teen/slasher flicks and titled it "Sleepless Nights". However, when she submitted it to the producers, they filmed it as if it weren't a parody and retitled it "Slumber Party Massacre". As a result, the movie displays a lot more humor, both intended and unintended, than others of this genre.
2. The original first draft of the script was called "Don't Open The Door".
3. Michael Villella deliberately avoided talking to the other cast members during the shooting of the picture.
4. Michael Villella read the book "Helter Skelter" in order to research the role of Russ Thorn.
5. The entire score was done on a Casio synthesizer.
6. The big conclusion in the backyard with the swimming pool was added to the movie in a reshoot.